How can I lose weight when I can't afford to eat healthy?

Alex

May 12, 2008
I don't have money to even buy the simple stuff like skinless chicken breast or unsalted crackers. I'm a college freshman and all I can afford to eat is what my Meal Card allows me to eat. All the stuff my Meal Card covers is all my university's food at the Food Court, which is all bad for you. And the healthy stuff that they serve is extremely overpriced. So, what should I do?

jacket potatoes with no butter
pasta with no cheese

see what their vegetairan dishes are like?

what's a meal card? if the uni food is so bad maybe you can get together with others who think so and try and get better healthier choices for you all, put pressure on
can you work part time for some cash to supplement uni food and is there a fresh food market nearby do you have access to facilities to cook stuff for yourself
sorry this is not much help i feel really bad for you as i know if i don't eat healthy food i feel like sh.it, you know you are what you eat i do believe this
can you pal up with someone and eat at their place home cooked food mmm

Try steamed veg and rice. Fish is also good. Probably why you don't see many overweight chinese fishermen.

Try and stay off the fats completely, and reduce your meat intake. Nothing with pork in it- not that I'm jewish (lol) - just most items contain a lot of fat.

And try to do a bit of time at the gym - or take up a sport.

Back