I got a ticket for tinted windows!!!?

boredatwork1

Jul 2, 2008
I got a ticket for having the front driver & passenger windows tinted. I noticed that almost everyone else's windows are tinted as well and I honestly don't think the tint on my car is darker than anyone else's. What is the criteria to determine which tint is illegal in the state of California (in Hollywood, LA County)? Can the police ticket anyone whenver they feel like it or the tint has to be darker than a certain shade?

it's illegal in the uk because the idea is that, if the front driver and passenger windows are tinted you wont see motorcyclists, and cars which already come with a tint are legal as the will have a certain visible percentage, that's the rules in the uk so dunno if it applies to us?

Can the police pick out your car among the speeders, catch and ticket you? Yes they can. Can they nail you for having loud exhaust(even though other cars have loud exhaust) Yes they can. Window tint-yes.
They will get to those other cars sooner or later. You just happened to be sooner. Life is tough. Just don't expect to win the lottery.

Back