I submitted a question a lot like this about an hour ago and I have more information so here goes.

Okay, I have a Gateway M275 Convertable. I used to have the tablet edition of Windows on it but I wiped it out and put Windows XP Professional on it. After I did that I notices I had no internet connections. I downloaded the driver for the wireless and through a jump drive, got it installed. I have the wireless icon in the tray at the bottom right but it does not recognize my wireless network. I have tried Restarting Wireless Zero. I have repaired the connection to no avail. The urgency is that I have 2 days left to verify my Windows XP Professional and I have no internet connection. Thank you to all who help. I know a fair amount about computers but a walkthrough would make my day.

ADDED DETAILS:
I do not see any wireless networks. Before I wiped out my computer the wireless and the Cat5 connections worked great. I am 99% sure that the Driver is the correct driver. If it worked yesterday, the switch would not be off would it? In the Network Connections I have the 1394 connection, the Wireless Network connection but no LAN Connection. Do I want windows to control my wireless or or Intel? Am I still missing the Ethernet Driver?