Can I get my kids half of their vacation time? ?

Ralph

May 23, 2008
I am a father of two children, 6 and 8, who live with their mother during the week. Why couldn't they stay with me half of their vacation time? Half the summer, half of spring break, etc? It only seems fair.
I am a good father. I live 35 miles from their mother.

Depends on what is in your visitation agreement. Most people have 1-2 weeks in the summer and half of the spring break and alternate holidays but that is all suppose to be in your visitation agreement.

If that's what you want try to work it out with the mother. If she won't work with you go back to court and get it in the order.

No reason why you two can’t split the children’s breaks from school. What does your agreement state? If you don’t have one, I suggest you get one. If you currently have one in place, then I assume this means you want more visitation. Would your ex be willing to let you do this between you two? Write up a mini agreement modification? If not, then you’d most likely have to go to court for it.

We get my stepdaughter for the entire summer and we alternate school breaks and holidays. Maybe this is something you can look into?

You live relatively close to their mother so I see no reason why you two can't work something out. After all, this IS for the sake of the children...

Back