Why do truck drivers honk, is there a code?

JessicaM1

Jun 2, 2008
I travel a lot and get honked at all the time. I've looked online and found nothing. I am constantly honked at by truck drivers. I'm not driving too slow or blocking their way (I'm usually passing them in a different lane). I don't have on a short skirt. Does seem to happen more often when I've let my hair down and am wearing a hat but that makes absolutely no sense. Is a blonde in a sports car enough for a honk? Any truck drivers out there who can answer this one? Today I got honked at by about 10 of them in a convoy.

Truckers have radios and they chat with eachother during their long lonely drives along the interstates. It doesn't take much to get their attention. They warn eachother about "Smokey" (Highway Patrol) and road conditions, and yes... blonds in sports cars.

I've given you a link to a cb-operator jargon guide. As you drove by the convoy they probably said, "Hey good buddies, I got a four-wheeler fox coming up on the bumper lane. What's say we give her a Howdy Doo!" (sets off his whistle resulting in a cascade of honks as you pass.)

Back