My dog wants to sleep with me?

O

oliviaE

A few weeks ago, i cleaned my dog really well and she smelled so good that i let her sleep by me on my futon. This happened 3 nights. Then, i decided she was too dirty to sleep on my bed and locked the door to my room. Then in the middle of the night she began whining and scratching at the door to get in. Desperate to sleep, i let her in my room. When finally in my room, she began crying to get on my bed. She is doing this every night now but i didnt want it to become a regular thing what should i do??

sucks for u just keep her out and shell get used to it.

Get her a big blanket and cover the foot of your bed with it. Wash it about once a week or so and make this her special blanket that gives her comfort while also protecting your bed. You gave into her and now she's on to you! There is no turning back now...just roll with it!

Can you say push-over?

The dog has you tied around it's paw. Set some ground rules, and stick to them. Dogs need consistency and you are not providing it.

i know you might feel bad but you mustn't let him/her in your room so he will eventually get that hes not aloud in and sleep on his normal bed(if he has one) or try doing it slow by moving his bed(if you can) to your room then move it out and if he wants on your bed ignore him and say no.

well you created the problem , she just wants to be near you ,either give her another bath and suck it up or you can try to keep her out of your room good luck

Buy her a little bed beside your bed, like a real little bed,

Looks like you will be doing alot of cleaning on her and making her smell good. If you don't want this to keep happening, then you should crate train her. It works with all of my dogs. Good Luck!

Well sounds like she really enjoys sleeping with you. Either keep her out of your bed no matter what, or clean her again and let her sleep with you.

The only choice you have is to be mean and ignore her crying now; you shouldn't have let her sleep with you from the start if you were going to boot her out.

I let my dogs sleep with me. My dogs aren't dirty. If you want your dog to not sleep with you, you are going to have to break her of the habit again. Your dog really enjoyed being by your side. Just going to have to let your dog get used to it again.

i know its annoyin when she scratch the door n whinning when u r sleepin.. try sleepin on a coach 4 a few dayz i know its not the best pplace... but it might helps forgeting to sleep on ur bed. if it doesnt work then im sorry u have to be rude to ur dog... n yell at her.. its the only way!

My dog does that too. Just let the dog sleep with you.
Also.. just keep your dog locked in the kitchen and buy a gate so the dog can't get out.

After awhile the dog will stop scratching or you'll get used to it.

Lol..the question sounds so wrong..anyway, I have a shih-tzu and a french bulldog. I let the shih-tzu sleep on my computer chair at night sometimes and on my bed when I'm on my computer. It depends if your dog sheds..Shih-tzus don't so I don't mind.

Don't let her in. She will learn from habit and you need to put your foot down. Its the same with kids.

dont let her, get her a nice bed somewhere else, like downstairs...

she will get used to it after a while

just kill her, scratch off her meat and make yourself a delicious dog-meat pasta!

Back