Does anyone know the appropriate replacement for a failed power supply on a

sai1

Jun 4, 2008
Packard bell pc? One day my PC randomly switched off, there was a smell of burning or of something over-heated, I suspect it is the Power Supply Unit (PSU) which has failed, however, im not sure as to which is the appropriate replacement for Packard Bell, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I did check their support website, have a lot of detailed information on other parts, but none on PSU's, I have seen several prospective replacements, such as this: http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=299003&CatId=0 is this any good?
Thanks for the answers so far, I would just like to re-direct the focus of this question, what i think I'm really asking is whether PSU's are limited to specific types of manufacturers, like do Packard Bell need a specific type of PSU, aside from the minimum Wattage, I'm concerned with things such as fan size-would PB have not worked out the appropriate size one for the desktop, and whether it will fit etc. Thanks.

Please can you specify the model of packard bell you have? Its more than likely just a standard ATX power supply (not a packard bell specific part) you need but if you got the model and checked their support website they should tell you what kind you need.

well, it might be your power supply but it might also be your motherboard... but if youre pretty sure its your power supply then just open your case and look for the wattage rating. it should be just on the side of the power supply... then that should be your baseline either get the same wattage or get a higher one...

i recommend antec! one of the best and most reliable out there :)

Back