If I have a slow internet connection, can it slow down my entire computer system?

8Ne0

Jun 14, 2008
Before, I had high speed cable (about 5 Mbps) and my computer ran smoothly. When I moved, I changed ISP's and now the speed is about 1 Mbps. Could the slower internet connection cause my computer to run slower too? Like when I'm on the Internet and I multi-task and have other programs running at the same time, they seem to run slower now - which never occurred when I had 5 Mbps.

Obviously It will slow down,Depends- where is it exactly slow? is it while surfing the internet, or when running programs? either way, you can make it go faster. If your internet is slow, you should scan your computer for viruses and spyware using suitable programs.Slow internet happens for various reasons. You might have poor hardware connecting your machine to the wall. Maybe your modem-router is not configured correctly.These are just some of many possibilities. If you think that your internet connection is slow, Follow these :- 1 .Switch to a different browser 2.Remove unwanted add-ons, extensions, and plugins3.Close unused tabs 4.Allow (some) cookies and caching Check all once and Do a speed test on your computer here scanmyspeed It will be fast than before..Hope it helps you..

Last edited:
Back