Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recalls on US Cellular LG UX260 (the rumor, the scoop) phone?

Been having NUMEROUS problems with my LG UX260 since about a month and a half after i bought it new from us cellular.

My full keyboard never works right, if i go to type on it it will be really slow, like 5 seconds for each letter to appear and it will skip letters that i press, also when i hit the backspace button it will most of the time delete everything so i have to start the process over. Another problem is it shuts off on its own every now and then, and the last problem is sometimes it wont let me type at all on the full keyboard or regular keypad. Now, I have brought it into us cellular and they told me i needed the software upgrade so i did that...still didnt work, then they told me to make sure and turn it off periodically....and i did, still didnt fix the problem. then they finally told me they would send it in and it would get fixed....a monthw en by, just got it back and its still NOT fixed....

my question is, is there a recall for this?

Unregistered

me too

this is the first time i'v done something like this but i too am concerned i had the same problems with my rumor i think most ppl are just ignoring the problem because they like the rest of the phone sprint is having a recall on theirs they have some other issues as well i can't find anything with us cellular though i was very disapointed with the camera too i know it's just a phone but it's worse than most i went back to a motorola the rumor is a cool phone but they can do better for the price

Unregistered
    I have the LG Scoop from Alltel and I keep having problems with it like my phone shuts off a lot even when I don't power it down, and the biggest problem I am having now is that when I slide the phone to go to the keyboard, the screen will get messed up and and the end button won't end the lines through my screen to where I can't read the messages. So I have to constantly slide my phone back and forth until it stops or I have to take the battery out of the back then replace it and power it up again. And all this just started happening out of nowhere and I didn't even drop it or anything. This is my second LG Scoop because the first one did the same thing plus when I was writing a text message it would stop at the third or fourth letter then freeze the whole phone and I couldn't do anything. So I took that one up to the alltel store, and they said that everyone in my family that had it needed an update because the scoops had a bug in them. We have 5 LG scoops in our family and each update took 45 minutes to complete...let's just say we were there all afternoon. After mine got the update, i loaded my phone back up and did everything the lady at the Alltel store told me to do but the update didn't work AT ALL... After all that trouble, they decided to tell me that I can either just keep that phone and try to use it or BUY another one...WTH? Lucky for me, I have insurance on my phone so I had to pay $50 to get another one (which is the current one I am having problems with now). Still that is $50 that I think I should have never had to pay. I am trying to find recalls on this phone, people that I go to school with are having the same problems but Alltel won't replace them without paying for a replacement! I want to take the recalls up to alltel, show it to them, and get another phone, NOT the LG Scoop, I'll go back to a flip phone if I have to. I will never get an LG SCOOP AGAIN.

jazzfamily

LG SCoop

Yeah I got 3 of these for Christmas 2008 for my girls and husband. 1 phone had a problem with charging up. You'd put the charger in and it apparently didn't make direct contact with the inside components to recharge it... So for about 2 weeks she would tape it to her dresser top and then tape the charger to the phone real tightly. So I take it in and I have to come back in about 2 weeks because they are doing the switchover with Verizon and all their supervisors are going to meetings and inservices. So I wait 2 weeks... then My husbands phone... the screen image dies... it goes black. He can make calls and receive calls but there is no screen. Well He used it at work talking to me, when he was done he put it on his desk and went to the bathroom and to talk to a co worker. Everything was fine up to that point. When he got back to his desk, the phone beeped a couple of times to let him know he'd missed a call... when he opened it... that is when the screen died. So he takes the 2 phones into Alltel... and they tell him to send the phones in to get checked but that the insurance would probably have to take care of it ( that's 100.00 and WHY???) But are assured that'll they'll examine them and let us know.
    So we get 2 phones in the mail about 6 days later .. Fine... then about 2 weeks... we receive his phone back (black screen one) and then a separate letter 2 days later stating that we don't need to send money that it will be billed to our account ! W H A T ??!! So into Alltel he goes AGAIN... then they tell him he has to send the replacement one back ASAP or get charged $219.99... but they offer him an LG Banter because they can't give him a replacement of the LG Scoop because of the recalls.... OK NOW I'm fuming... was it because of INTERNAL CHARGING COMPONENT PROBLEMS... or perhaps because of SCREEN GOING BLACK PROBLEMS... But they want to charge us 100.00 in insurance fees to replace them because there is damage beyond normal wear and tear... but they can't tell us exactly what went wrong or what was wrong with the 2 phones we had...
    It's alll a freaking scam to get money back any way they can for a phone that SUCKS ! !

I am soooooo peeved at Alltel and their business practices ( and I pay almost 220.00 per month for our family phones with them for almost a year now... ) I guess they don't consider me a good customer to assist me directly with this situation... and I've been a customer since August 2007... with direct withdrawal from my checking account... so never late payments either... POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUCKY BUSINESS PRACTICES

Unregistered

horrible

so i have and lg rumor from uscellular well its meesed up my screen freezes then goes black then my buttons freeze and type random things and now my slide is breaking off worst phone ever

ashleigh duggan

recall or not?

my alltel scoop is being a piece of crap the screen blinks it shuts off i wanna know are they on recall ?

Unregistered

Heart New lg rumor

I personally hate this phone !! i have the rumor from us cellular, and i can never use it without wanting to chuck it out the window! It will randomly shut of without warning, i never get phone calls because it always shuts itself off when my phone rings, if i slide it open to fast it shuts off, if i type to fast it shuts off......... this phone is possibly the worst phone ive ever bought.....

Unregistered

wish i had gotten a different phone

yea i have been haveing the came problems i have mine through uscellular so a have gotten 2 new batteries bc they wont hold a charge anymore and as soon as unplug the charger(it can be fully charged) it will die alomst right away. i have also had the thing where it won't let u txt anymore happen and when it randomly shuts off. i wish people could make a fone that would last through a 2 year contract.