I Have a 1996 Acura Integra RS and It wont start up?

JonathanD

Apr 10, 2008
Well my oil pressure indicator was flashing while the engine was on so i added some Mobile 5w -30 motor oil to it then i started the car and the oil pressure indicator was off.. Few hours later i started it up again and i drove for a while then the engine completely shut off on me.. so i waited a few minutes and it started it up agian and drove home which was probably only 2 miles away.. when i got to my driveway it shutoff by itself..2 hours later i checked all my fluids and cleaned my spark plugs.. now when i try to start my car it keeps turning over but wont start.. I also noticed that while it was turning over the lights inside of the car was dimming...
Im not sure what the problem is but my first thoughts were the Alternator or Battery

you might have just drained the battery trying to start it. Put a battery charger on it for about 4 hours.

when you was turning it over, the reason your lights were dimming was you were drawing power from your battery. it sounds like the alternator isnt charging the battery, also it wouldnt hurt to change the gas filter.

Back