Specifications of Yamaha PA-5 AC Power Adaptor for a Yamaha PortaTone PSR-400???

IsmaelVC

Jul 21, 2008
Hello everyone!!!

I need to know the specifications of the Yamaha PA-5 AC Power Adaptor, in my owner's manual I can only find this:

DC 9-12V IN (which is the same that is written on the back of the keyboard, where the AC Adaptor is connected).

And a thingy like this....:

+___*)___-

Ok it is supposed to be some sort of diagram, and yes I don't know a thing about electronics, but my father told me I also need to know the Hz and mA (or something like that), so....

I found this web pages on the net:

http://www.emtcompany.com/products/power-adapters/3779-loduca-pa-5-6-ac-adapter-for-yamaha-portable-keyboards.htm

Input: 100-140V AC, 60Hz
Output: 12V DC, 1700 mA

http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-Power-Adapter-Yamaha-PA-5D-PA5D-PA-5-PA5-PA5C-PA-5C_W0QQitemZ250272455626QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0807191142r33567

Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Output: 12V, 1.5A

But they differ in some things, so I dont know, I don't want the damn thing to explode, he he, thanks in advance!
Oh yeah!, and I almost forgot, I live in Mexico and I've been loking for another one but I can't find another original here like the one I lost.

So I was wondering if I could buy an AC Adaptor that I saw the other day, that had some sort of buttons for changing the parameters of V, mA, Hz, and...

Ok, you know what I mean, if I change the parameters to the specifications required for my electronic keyboard, Would it work?

PS: Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, I'm not that good at English, hehe.

And thanks in advance again!!!

just to be safe

hey 1.5A is 1500ma which is lower then 1700ma if i were you i'd stay with 1500ma/1.5A because it won't hurt it if its less then what it should be

decimals said

Common mistake you made there - the current rating is how much it CAN supply, the higher the better, because if your equipment requires eg 1600mA, then you're going to pop the power supply because it can't supply that much. You can put a 2000000000A supply on there as long as the Voltage specification is the same, the equipment will only draw a certain amount.

Now that the electronics lesson is over, does anybody know where I can find specifications on a PA-10 power supply for a MG10/2 mixer?

I'm having the same trouble finding info on the Yamaha PA-10. I was trying to find a replacement that doesn't cost more than the mixer, with little luck. I did find some pictures of the European model though:

YAMAHA PA 10 big view - U.K. International Cyberstore

If you look at those, looks like its an 18.5v AC converter supplying .62A. Hope this helps!

Back