Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this normal?

Francesca N
    it is mostly a playful nuzzle to the other dog. i wouldnt worry anything about it unless u see that there is blood coming from its neck and/or you see that it is hurting the dog. (u hear whimpering or cries of pain)

Golden gal©
    They are playing. It is not a hurtful thing. If the other dog was being hurt it would let you know I am very sure.

SnOwBuNnY
    I would say that they are playing. It is also a possability that the retriever thinks he is parent and is trying to calm her down.

ucharlotte69
    i think he is trying to be the aphla dog

james16909
    This behavior is a demonstration of dominance and is not meant to hurt the other animal.

A_doll_rable
    its only dangerous if you begin 2 hear them drawl blood they will begin to growl and the teeth will bare

animedolphins
    hes try to be the alpha dominant, this is usually a trait in the female dogs.

Octave
    My dogs do this, too. I think the male is just trying to dominate the female although he's neutered. He isn't trying to hurt her.

Sonn ©
    I have a puggle who does the same thing to my 8 month old Chihuahua... they are just playing! I used to get really upset about it but I learned in time that if he was being hurt by her that he'd fight back!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12