Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Michael B

what is the best branch of the armed forces to join?

i am 17, and i will be a senior next year. i have always wanted to serve my country, and also the benefits sound amazing. i would like answers from people who have served in different branches so i can get a better view over each branch. right now i am kind of leaning towards navy. thank you for your time.

kickrocks54
    yea, it really depends on the job you want to do.

if you want to play with helicopters, go army

ships.. navy

cargo planes.. af

not saying those are the only jobs you can do in each branch..

i did army, had a great time. i was really happy i went that route too. i used to see all the airforce guys, they had so many rules. its funny, af is more relaxed of the branches, but for some reason they have dumber rules. i dont know many navy guys.

marines are great. they do a good job. you need to know how to follow instructions, and cant have any problems with authority tho.

Ashlander
    I was in training for a TACP in the the Air Force but got kicked for having asthma. Air Force was pretty cool, second hardest BMT, all the marines stuff just only 6 weeks, soon-to-be 8 weeks of it. Just make sure you join as gaurd or reserve so you get the sweet signing bonuses. Then if you want to go fight you can request it and they'll most likely send you. I went in as Active duty, kicked myself in the ass when my bunkmate got a $15,000 signing bonus for doing reserves.

JaboCelt
    Go in the navy, then you won't have to go on the ground in Iraq.

Reyna Gorgeous
    The Airforce. They make you get an education, which can only help you when you get out or retire

Dr. Crane
    The Marines, they are always the most honorable and most highly regarded, If you want to be an important part of the armed forces,Semper Fi.

Brooke B
    National guard.. you can join now, they pay for college and you can go!! not like you can go when you serve 3 years in Iraq and Germany!, also you can stay home with your family and still serve your country. If you join the other branches you have to have graduated high school and you get stationed right after training... so if you are family ordinated I would try National Guard. But either way it goes your a good man for joining any no matter what branch it is. Take care and good luck.

Yuriy
    Marine Corps.
    "Nothing ever worth having in life is ever easy." - Speech made by a Marine Corps Colonel at OCS ("The Making of a Marine Officer", Marine Corps Times).

-Semper Fidelis & Ductus Exemplo-

All services serve a vital function in their own way. Whatever you choose to do, do it well.

EDIT: For JaboCelt, I have a friend of mine who is a Fireman (the rate) in the Navy who is boots on the ground in Iraq right now. He's probably not patroling the streets but he's there.

Unregistered
    Marine corps, period. Not that the other branches arent great but the usmc gives you the best training. No matter what job you pick you are trained to handle a weapon. You are made to stay in shape. And you will meet the closest and most reliable friends ever.