Does iphone from USA work in India? Is there a better deal in India?

Dadra

Jul 14, 2008
I am USA for 1 month and will go back India after that . I found that apple has launched 3g iphone and wanna buy this phone but I have some questions:-
Where can I buy this phone with cheapest price? Is there any restriction for 3 year connection of at&t or something like that as it won't be good for me as at&t is not available in India and I am going back on 27th July?
Will this work in India?

Any suggestions??

I am USA for 1 month and will go back India after that . I found that apple has launched 3g iphone and wanna buy this phone but I have some questions:-
Where can I buy this phone with cheapest price? Is there any restriction for 3 year connection of at&t or something like that as it won't be good for me as at&t is not available in India and I am going back on 27th July?
Will this work in India?

Any suggestions??

Mostly they might offer you the unlocked version since contract phone requires that required amount of stay period. If you get the locked version, you can unlock it through third party unlockers like, Mobile-unlocker.com and remove the network lock easily. Once unlocked you can swap with any GSM network in India.

Back