My Norton Antivirus 360 won't activate and claims I'm not connected to the...

Eileen

May 14, 2008
...internet and I am? I have no other virus scanning things on my computer except Norton 360 and it's been a day since it was installed and everything works fine.

I tried turning off the Windows firewall and went to activate and it still told me I had to be connected to the internet.

I do use a bay station, I'm a laptop off of the central one down stairs and there's also another computer in another part of the house that has that bay station, and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it?

I have a problem where no matter what I google or yahoo, any result or link I click takes me to a fake website, and yet Norton says I'm virus/spyware free, yada yada.

Can anyone help me?
I kept doing it and it never gave me the option of activating by phone.

Norton has put out some great working products in the past, 360 isn't one of them. I had Norton System Works and mistakenly thought 360 was a upgrade. 360 is a completely different product. If you can return it and get System works. 360 is great for someone brand new to the net and is prone to opening emails from strangers with .exe files attached. If you have some net skills then this program will only piss you off.

uninstall it, dont delete it uninstall it first, then download a free version offline. make sure you can find a free version first though. and retry.

Back