Would you want a 7 year Senator with a dismal Senate performance to be POTUS?

S

scubadog35

FRETLES- I know that was an attempt at being clever but Im against all of the ones you hinted about.

No, clearly they aren't qualified or, experienced enough to lead this country. Sitting in our Oval Office is not an academic or, social experiment.

Not me personally, but ask the New York Staters.

Most are happy with the job she has done for them. After all, that is her job.

Well, we've got a former governor with a dismal performance record as governor AND president, so.... well... it couldn't be much worse.... Well, maybe we could get a former mayor with a dismal mayoral performance record...

No,but It don't matter,hillary will be elected and you have to show her the respect you demand for Bush

Actually I would prefer a veteran, not a cantidate that thinks the military is there to be a "meals on wheels" program...or a private waiter staff sans uniforms.

That depends...the record in Congress doesn't matter because being Pres is WAY DIFFERENT!
Is that person honest? Is that person trustworthy? Is that person looking out for the best interests of the COUNTRY instead of his/her constituants / special interest groups / PACs? Is that person willing to make the difficult choices??

Your question is too general, and too loaded. I wouldn't want ANY Senator, regardless of length of term, to be Pres if all they cared about was their political party, and didn't put the welfare of the entire COUNTRY first!

Senator Schumer has been carrying Hillary's workload for the last seven years. As for actual experience in running a business or running a city or a state, Hillary's resume is a blank.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1913280/posts

You have to be talking about a democrat and I will just say that no democrats congressional performance would look real great after 20 years of a republican house and senate. Things are getting ready to change big time.

No--Fred Thompson served 9 years--it was John Edwards that served 7--Senator Clinton accomplished more then both in 6.

Nope, but I'm voting for a seven year senator who has a very good record in the Senate and has also served for seven years on the Senate Armed Forces Committee. I'm voting for a senator that gets high marks for her work in the Senate, even from those across the aisle from her. Why would I want one with a dismal performance when I've got Sen. Clinton to vote for instead?

Back