Question about video designed for Touch Screens.?

Flash

May 23, 2008
I'm producing video for a museum opening, and for most of their exhibits they are using touch screens for the interactive displays.

Now, I know how touch screens work. I just do not get the "grasp of it" or the software behind it.

My question is, if designing the footage to be interactive, am I going to design it to work like a DVD? Basically making large button menus, and when the user touches the screen, it will activate like an enter button?

Usually, I just hand footage over to the fabrication company to install it. This is the first time I'm in charge of loading it onto these touch screens, and just want to be 100% crystal clear on how it works before going into the final stages.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It all depends on how the final application works.
Most likely it will be web based or flash based and the application itself will have buttons and preview windows, etc. When you click a button, that button will link to a video playback.

A touchscreen simply replaces the "mouse" as a control point. Your approach will work as well (creating DVD-like menus) but it is rather limited. You really need to work with the application developer for the touscreen s/w and ask them how they prefer to handle video.

Back