Where and how do I make friends in Toronto?

A

Anny

I just moved to North York from Scarborough...I've had a hard time making friends here, let alone "true" friends. True friends seems to be a lie these days. Most of them already have a hidden agenda or whatever.

I'm so tired of making friends with drama-starting immature girls. Where can I find older, more mature people that I can make friends with? How do I go about talking to them without driving them away or freaking them out?

I'm talking in the 21 to 24 range...most of my current friends are 20 and really immature. I need to break away from these people and meet new people. People who won't leave me out of stuff or cause drama, etc.

I'm so tired of dealing with teen-like adults.

Personally, I think its rough making friends after high school. try going out and do things you like doing? Find a club or something. Although, for the record I'm not sure sure how much difference there is between someone who is 20 and 21. How old are you may I ask?

agreed

omg i totally agree...i have cut off almost all my girlfriends after high school, because girls have soo much issues, they're backstabbing, disloyal overly dramatic bitches. i have been hanging out w/only my guy friends for the past few yrs and i cant tell you how much happier i am. although sumtimes it would be nice to have girlfriend to hang out with.

I just moved to North York from Scarborough...I've had a hard time making friends here, let alone "true" friends. True friends seems to be a lie these days. Most of them already have a hidden agenda or whatever.

I'm so tired of making friends with drama-starting immature girls. Where can I find older, more mature people that I can make friends with? How do I go about talking to them without driving them away or freaking them out?

I'm talking in the 21 to 24 range...most of my current friends are 20 and really immature. I need to break away from these people and meet new people. People who won't leave me out of stuff or cause drama, etc.

I'm so tired of dealing with teen-like adults.
May i ask are you female or male? I totally agree with you. guys friends are more loyal than female friends. and guys are usually independent. Female are mostly don't know how to drive and too dependent and always depend on their friends to look after them. Females are tend to get angry and jealous much more easily than males.

I am female living in scarborough. i am also having hard time to find a good female friend.

People in Toronto aren't friendly to anyone. Too stuck up!

hey.. so i see that this was posted a long time ago but i'm 21 and in EXACTLY the same position.. i just googled "how to make friends in toronto" (just proves how desperate i am) and am looking to meet people in the same age range. i'm a girl and have tried hanging out with some guy friends but i find that once the possibilty of romance is taken off the table they all leave (and tend to be just as hurtful about it as women). if you're still looking for a friend, email me at [email protected]. i hope this is neither creepy nor weird.. i just could really use a friend! oh, and happy new year =)

i did the " how to make friends in Toronto" google search too so no worries I'm just as desperate lol

Ive just moved here and dont know anyone at all in the area. probably also doesn't help that I'm a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people. if anyone here would still like a friend I would be more then happy to offer my friendship. my email is [email protected] feel free to contact me and we can chat:)

i dont think all toronto ppl are stuck up ive been living in toronto almost all my life and most ppl are pretty nice... although it is quite difficult to make friends here i agree... after high skool, my "friends" dont talk to me anymore and i dont know how to make friends...

yup i agree. after high school i ve had a hard time making friends and still really no luck. i dont know wats up wid the femals now a days.ppl r so bz i guess . their r no friends like old times anymore.and ppl in scarborough r not friendly even though ive been living here for over 10 years now .

I see I'm quite delayed in responding to this...but guess what, I googled "making friends in Toronto" and this is where I've been led. Good to know I'm not the only one googling this....I feel absolutely socially challenged.
I just moved her and all my friends a further North and its hard to see them on a whim and my bf is in Kitchener, so I don't see him often either.
I'm looking for friends, male or female...I seem to have issues making them though as I'm often too honest and tend to have a twisted sense of humour.
If you're often at the other of "Did you really just say that?!", send me a line. [email protected]

hey I have no friends too!. I just googled make friends toronto and got here. I am a very creepy boring guy looking for just plain friends to hang around with. It doesnt matter if they are guys but keep in mind that im not gay. All my other friends dont live in toronto.

hey guys
i do understand... i move to toronto about 2 years ago and im still finding hard to make friends.... i mean sometimes it nice to have friends to hangs around with...cool ppl... no drama..lol...if anyone want to talk further message me at [email protected] im a 28 year old female
peace!!

I'm looking for an honest, down to earth simple friend! I'm somewhat new to toronto, anyhow would really like to make a new friend. Msge me. my email is [email protected]

Same Prob'

Toronto -GTA has a lot of Shifty, Non-Sincere, Non-Genuine Folks. If for whatever reason you have to break away from your known Circle of 'freinds' Take it From Me.... It will be EXTREMELY tough to meet, or build sincere relationships with anyone else.

GTA......

I am 31 married and moved here 4 years ago. i am in the same situation. I am a woman and am looking to make new friends. My email is [email protected]

Hi everyone
Im in the same boat. I've been working after high school so never got a change to make friends. My friends from high school drifted apart as they were in college and i was working.
Why dont we all meet up and chat and see how it goes?
email me [email protected]
(I am 23)

friends

most of you are MUCH younger than me, i'm 53. I have 2 young kids, and am separated. I have few friends, all of whom are married and can't get out to play. Originally from Montreal I found it very difficult to make friends in Toronto, people are different here, don't seem to like to open their group to newcomers, very protective almost. Well if any of you young ones have a Dad who's divorced, looking for a new buddy....Joke. My email, [email protected].

Where to make friends in Toronto?

Hello!

For those of you that are looking to make new friends in Toronto, check out The Social Woman (http://www.thesocialwoman.com), it is a social network for Canadian women where you can join groups, meet other people in your area looking to make friends, post events and attend events as well.

Hope this helps!

Ok! So I am NOT the only one googling "how to make new friends in TO" (Phew!). I am a slightly older female than the majority of posters thus far (I am 26) and don't want to discourage you guys, but unfortunately it gets no easier. I was in the same boat after the high-shool cliques fell apart, so I figured I would have better luck making decent and honest female friends in University. No such luck. Competition amongst females in Toronto is at an all time high, even in University (especially UofT where everyone is trying to "outsmart" the other!) there is a lack of genuine people. I would suggest going to an out-of province university in the US of the UK, as the majority of people I know from high school that took the foreign route have met some incredible people and made some really great friendships.

well i have been in toronto for 2 years now and you guys are aboslutely right..its hard to make friends after school..most of my school friends have aso drifted away to US, calgary , etc.. anyways i am a 24 year old guy looking to make new girl, guy friends to hang out with...my email address is [email protected] go!!!

Back