Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Anny

Where and how do I make friends in Toronto?

I just moved to North York from Scarborough...I've had a hard time making friends here, let alone "true" friends. True friends seems to be a lie these days. Most of them already have a hidden agenda or whatever.

I'm so tired of making friends with drama-starting immature girls. Where can I find older, more mature people that I can make friends with? How do I go about talking to them without driving them away or freaking them out?

I'm talking in the 21 to 24 range...most of my current friends are 20 and really immature. I need to break away from these people and meet new people. People who won't leave me out of stuff or cause drama, etc.

I'm so tired of dealing with teen-like adults.

Unregistered
    Personally, I think its rough making friends after high school. try going out and do things you like doing? Find a club or something. Although, for the record I'm not sure sure how much difference there is between someone who is 20 and 21. How old are you may I ask?

shenz

agreed

omg i totally agree...i have cut off almost all my girlfriends after high school, because girls have soo much issues, they're backstabbing, disloyal overly dramatic bitches. i have been hanging out w/only my guy friends for the past few yrs and i cant tell you how much happier i am. although sumtimes it would be nice to have girlfriend to hang out with.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Anny View Post
    I just moved to North York from Scarborough...I've had a hard time making friends here, let alone "true" friends. True friends seems to be a lie these days. Most of them already have a hidden agenda or whatever.

I'm so tired of making friends with drama-starting immature girls. Where can I find older, more mature people that I can make friends with? How do I go about talking to them without driving them away or freaking them out?

I'm talking in the 21 to 24 range...most of my current friends are 20 and really immature. I need to break away from these people and meet new people. People who won't leave me out of stuff or cause drama, etc.

I'm so tired of dealing with teen-like adults.
    May i ask are you female or male? I totally agree with you. guys friends are more loyal than female friends. and guys are usually independent. Female are mostly don't know how to drive and too dependent and always depend on their friends to look after them. Females are tend to get angry and jealous much more easily than males.

I am female living in scarborough. i am also having hard time to find a good female friend.

Unregistered
    People in Toronto aren't friendly to anyone. Too stuck up!

Unregistered
    hey.. so i see that this was posted a long time ago but i'm 21 and in EXACTLY the same position.. i just googled "how to make friends in toronto" (just proves how desperate i am) and am looking to meet people in the same age range. i'm a girl and have tried hanging out with some guy friends but i find that once the possibilty of romance is taken off the table they all leave (and tend to be just as hurtful about it as women). if you're still looking for a friend, email me at [email protected]. i hope this is neither creepy nor weird.. i just could really use a friend! oh, and happy new year =)

Unregistered
    i did the " how to make friends in Toronto" google search too so no worries I'm just as desperate lol

Ive just moved here and dont know anyone at all in the area. probably also doesn't help that I'm a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people. if anyone here would still like a friend I would be more then happy to offer my friendship. my email is [email protected] feel free to contact me and we can chat

Unregistered

Pencil

i dont think all toronto ppl are stuck up ive been living in toronto almost all my life and most ppl are pretty nice... although it is quite difficult to make friends here i agree... after high skool, my "friends" dont talk to me anymore and i dont know how to make friends...

Unregistered
    yup i agree. after high school i ve had a hard time making friends and still really no luck. i dont know wats up wid the femals now a days.ppl r so bz i guess . their r no friends like old times anymore.and ppl in scarborough r not friendly even though ive been living here for over 10 years now .

Unregistered
    I see I'm quite delayed in responding to this...but guess what, I googled "making friends in Toronto" and this is where I've been led. Good to know I'm not the only one googling this....I feel absolutely socially challenged.
    I just moved her and all my friends a further North and its hard to see them on a whim and my bf is in Kitchener, so I don't see him often either.
    I'm looking for friends, male or female...I seem to have issues making them though as I'm often too honest and tend to have a twisted sense of humour.
    If you're often at the other of "Did you really just say that?!", send me a line. [email protected]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast