Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member IamTheRealSonOfGod's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians:Would you fight for the right to keep Religion out of School?

Would you or would you just be ignorant and not respect other peoples beliefs?

I am not saying Christians are ignorant so do not find my question offensive i am saying in a lot of schools are teaching about Religion and are not respecting us Atheist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, but those are called "private schools" and they can do what they want.

Religion wasn't something they taught me in public school.

As for your question: I would fight to keep church and state separate, but it has nothing to do with respecting your beliefs. Would you disrespect mine and fight to keep evolution a part of the curriculum in schools?

See? It would be a great question if you had asked it without putting your own opinion in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Establishment Clause (Separation of Church and State) has nothing to do with offending or not offending people. If it did, the last 35+ years of public education have been highly offensive to many Christians.

I don't know where you think they are teaching religion, unless its anything but Christianity.

I have so far limited my fight to my child's education, and if you have children, maybe limit your fight to theirs (instead of making a federal case out of everything). I have found local educators to be very accommodating to parents who know the law.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you asking about government schools, or all schools? Well, we should first ask the question, "should there be any government schools?" Also, they still have religion in government schools. They just replaced Christianity with secular humanism, which is a religion that many deny is a religion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about respecting us, its ok to learn about religion, no one is telling you to follow it. In my eyes I am a Christ follower not a religion anyways. A religion does religious acts because they think it will get them to Heaven, all I do is believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and have a relationship with Him. How do you know if there isn't a God unless you have tried Him.