Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unregistered
    That sequence fixed the problem for me.

Unregistered
    I kept getting the same message when I texted my mom's number in particular. I would initially create a new message with her area code. The first message would go through but if I continue with the thread, her number on top defaults to just the seven digit number and the area code would be missing. If I sent a message to her, it would give me the 9230 error message. What it came down to is if I wanted to send her messages, I can't simply reply. I have to re-initiate a new message with the area code EVERY single time. I finally went to a sprint store (I have an Epic 4G BTW) and what they did was delete my mom's contact profile, do a complete reset of my phone and then re-enter my mom's numbers again. This seem to have worked. I hope this helps.

Unregistered

Gun Text error with Sprint

I finally figured this out on my own. First tap messages on home screen. Next tap the messages tab on top left. Delete all messages showing for that contact. Return to home screen. Open contacts. Select that contact and press send message. Now delete any recent messages including error code messages. Now delete that contact from phone completely. Now re-enter contact and be sure to use their area code. If you follow these steps I guarantee this will work every time.

Unregistered
    Texting to that specific number was blocked by either the primary account holder or the intended recipient. I have had to do this with my daughters old boyfriend who wouldnt stop texting and calling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12