Science in its infancy? Religion's future? - Humanity in the balance?

jjttkbford

Jun 6, 2008
In terms of Geneology - humans are relatively a new species - - - what 130,000 years or so - - - a fraction of other known species from the known fossil record.

the birth of science and technology is just a few hundred years old. A fraction of a fraction of geneological time - not nearly enough to shed light on it's significance to Humanity.

Given a chance do you think science in several hundred or a few thousand years will win the day for truth, knowledge and reality by defeating fear, ignorance and faith: (blind belief)??? Look how far we've come in the past 1000 years - amazing!!!

many many religions were invented by man to attempt to explain the unknown.

science was invented also to gain knowledge with no agenda but to understand that which could be tested, repeated and observed. A process that is universal, understandable and meaningful

- a great foundation for the future of Humanity - don't you think?

Religion is based on Faith in "Unseen". Today's science also based on the same "Faith in Unseen" Infinity in Maths, Light years in Astronomy, Photons in physics etc are fundamentals of today's science are mere faiths. So science has to be a subset of religion. may be u will not name it that way.

I think science eventually meats with religion , and lots of scientist return to god , or at least have the courage to admit this clear fact.

Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:

“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.”

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.”

Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.”

for more see the link

yes, eventually, but dont hold your breath

people thought religion would finally die out a 1/2 century ago

the fact that 80% of the planet believe in some god or other demonstrates how primitive humans still are

Back