Im hearing and Im meeting a deaf girl for first time.. just need some...

Huntman

Jun 3, 2008
...advice.. thanks? I am 19, fully hearing.. she is 18, fully deaf.. She just lost her hearing 2 years ago in an incident.. I have been talking to her for a few months now online.. Ive had a few relationships before but was heart broken with people leaving for ex's.. so i took a break for awhile and started talking to her as a friend.. but it grew into more.. I am not one to judge and feel like if you love somone you wouldnt care about it... And i have taken the time to start learning sign language and everything.. since she just lost her hearing 2 years back, i know she can talk well and she says she is real good at lip reading and i wont have to worry about sign language.. but im still a little nervous when i will meet her for first time.. do i just try to talk to her at first.. and look at her and so on.. when i talk to her.. should i sound it out.. or do i just move my lips as if i was saying the word.. i didnt know if it mattered.. im just nervous and would like this work and all.. thanks...
i guess its just i need a little support and its hard to find info online about tips and things about this.. so i was hoping maybe some of you could give me some.. id really appreciate it.. thank you.. and you have a great day...

Back