Ipod touch won't play music, videos, open music store, or show up on itunes?

A

aprincipe125

Every time I click on music, video, or itunes on my ipod my ipod touch goes back to the main screen after a second and won't show up in itunes either. I tried reseting it by pressing the power and home button but that didn't work. Does anyone know jow to fix it?

:(

I have the same problem with my iPod touch somebody please tell me what I should do!!! I think it is a podcast that has a virus because podcasts can be viewed in music as well as in video. I was going to restore the settings on my computer but now my computer won't recognize it. Help me!!!!!!!!

grrrr i have the same problem.
i'm assuming a bad podcast (or too many podcasts) as it worked fine before i started downloading podcasts!
FRIG!
i need help!

Ipod touches have issues

Again, same problem. SOMEONE HELP US!!!

yeah, happens after downloading podcasts. used to only crash one or two times, now i cant get in at all. the only thing i can do is go in itunes and start deleting podcasts until it decides to work

k i had the same problem and was flipping out.
super easy fix. go into itunes and click on your ipod then click on music and play ANY song. then itll update your library and could listen to music again. i hope this helped

Dude whoever put the play any song thing up you are my hero in life!
Love love love! <33333

exact same problem but that didnt work..
i dont even have podcasts

Ipod Fix For music and videos not opening on ipod touch!!!

I found a simple way to fix it. plug up your ipod to computer. then hold power and home button until the aplle comes up. then let go of the power button NOT the home button. this will put you into recovery mode. DO NOT RESTORE. restoring will not mess up your ipod but if you do you will have to put all your music back on your ipod. When ipod is in recovery mode "your screen should saying connect to itunes" hold power and home button until the ipod restarts its self. This should Fix it. It only takes about 5min. hope it works

The mother f'n answer to your problem!

I had the same problem. The first time I just went into iTunes and played a random song and then it worked again. It happened a month later so I restored it. And I rejailbroke it I was able to save everything except for songs. I went into itunes and backed up my itouch. Then went to Cydia and downloaded apt backup and then I restored it and then rejailbroke it and used the apt backup app to restore all my stuff and now it works again. Hope this helped! :)

The answer!

READ THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll down for summary!

How to fix music player if it won't open!
Very simple!

Hi my name is John Holy,
Your gonna love me forever once you read this! The best answers out there!

For iTouch and iPhone!

I found the solution! Jailbroken or not!
Scroll down for quick summary!!
Music only works in safe mode? If your music player won't open and just goes back to the home page when your trying to open it I know how to fix it. This happened to my Itouch4 4.2.1 and Itouch4 4.3.3. The first time it happened I fixed it by going into the iTunes app on the Itouch. I just played a random song and then went to my music and it opened and played again!
The second tine it happened about a month later. I tried everything to make it work again. I really didn't wanna restore it because I didn't wanna go threw the work of adding everything *back on manually. So I plugged it into iTunes on my IMac and then it backed up all my apps/pictures automatically. Then I created a playlist of all my music and saved it just in case my music got deleted. Then I went into Cydia and installed (apt backup) and when you install it go to the app and it will tell you what to do. There is 2 buttons. Backup and restore. First you need to click backup and then everything you have will be saved. Then you need to restore your device! After you restore you can rejailbreak it. And you'll think that everything was deleted. Go into Cydia and run it just like you did when you first jailbroke it. Then download apt backup again and then this time click restore. It's gonna tell you to wait a few minutes. After it done it might reboot and after that you should have everything or almost everything back.*
Go into your music player and it should work!*
It did for me!*
I hope this helped!

Summary: (jailbroken device)
First time this is happening?
Go into iTunes app.
Play a random song.
Then go to music.
It should open now and play.
Still didn't work?
Look below for more solutions!

The mother f'n solution!! :)
Summary: (jailbroken device)
Music doesn't open?
Install (apt backup) from Cydia.
Plug into iTunes.
Backup your device.
Save all your music in separate folder.
On device open up apt backup.
Click backup.
On iTunes, restore your device!
After restore, rejailbreak.
Open and run Cydia on device.
Install apt backup again.
Open apt backup.
This time click restore!
Should take a few minutes.
Reboot device!
Open music player and it should work!
And with apt back up you should still have all or most of your jailbreak data!

Summary: (not jailbroken)
Open iTunes.
Play random song.
Didnt work?
Restore!
You should know what to do from there.
I hope this helped!

If none of this worked.
Restore your device and go into SHSH.
Delete any jailbreak memory.
Send into apple and get a new one!
Free!

Just don't throw your device out of anger. You'll just get more angry, haha!

I hope any of this information worked for you! Your welcome! :D

i jailbroke my ipod, tried to download PWNtunes and springboard chrashed, now only the music wont open help?

Back