Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Silver Tipped Wings

Why does my knee hurt so much after walking/running?

I started cross country about 2 weeks ago and my knees were fine then, but now they hurt like crazy! It has been like this since monday of last week. When I walk a little bit, my knees are fine, but then when I walk for longer distances or when I start running, or going up and down the stairs my knees really start to hurt! I've noticed that during a cross country meet the first couple of steps were awful, but the ones after that, it felt like my knees sort of went numb. I have a meet on monday, so it would be nice if I could figure out whats wrong before then. Any ideas?

Unregistered
    you are not used to it duh.
    keep doing it and if you don't start to get used to it and you still hurt, talk to your doctor and consider reevaluating your diet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could also be that your running shoes are throwing your knee out of alignment. Good shoes can make a big difference. I used to have knee aches like that too but then I started to see a massage therapist nj and now I don't ache anymore. I think a combination of plenty of rest, a healthy diet, good shoes and having a massage every once in awhile has made all the difference. Good luck to you!