Will Neutering a pitbull ruin him?

not one bit, my vet told me it doesnt change them and people think they get fat from neutering when their matabilizum slows down around the ages1-2. My sister in law has a pit not fat and lazy hes neutered.

Not if you exercise him. Neutering a Pit is a great idea, it makes them 10x less likely to be dog aggressive.

No, lack of exercise will make him lazy and fat, just like people.

It will make him less muscular and never allow him to reach his full growth potential. When you neuter a dog, you remove all of testosterone from his system, a very important hormone for a male to grow optimally. The answers you are getting here are from people who are interested in breeding, not letting a dog develop. They have no idea what they are talking about and they will prove that point by the thumbs down I will get..Pay attention.

PS: Go to my questions and read an article about the negative side effects that no one gere talks about that come as a result of fixing dogs. Excellent article and a lot of info.

You have nothing to worry about, the only thing that will make your dog lazy and fat is if he is not exercised.

If you were having second thoughts, I would strongly recommend you have it done, as aggression in male dogs (such as Pit Bulls) is largely due to the testosterone secretions of unneutered dogs. He will be less of a risk factor to strangers and be better tempered all around. Plus, if you don't want him copulating, it will largely be to his benefit to relieve him of that drive. Good luck!

no. It is the owner's responsibility to exercise their dog. The owner get lazy, the dog gets fat.

Of course not.
Too much food and not enough exercise will do that though.

And actually if you neuter a dog before six months of age, it will not inhibit his growth--quite the opposite! The lack of testosterone actually allows the bones to grow for a longer period of time.

Also he will be at much less risk for certain cancers.

Absolutely not. It is much healthier to get you dog neutered.

no.
It's the best thing you can do for your dog!!
please neuter him right away!

no, neutering is healthy for your dog. it can also help to prevent cancers and arthritis.

Back