Titanic: Did Cal love Rose? Who did Rose marry later?

♥roxy

Apr 22, 2008
She had a granddaughter, and when she's talking to her, the grnaddduagther Lizzy she says "I didn't even tell your grandfather about jack" or soemthing like that. Did she still love jack? Who did she marry/ Does she love him?
Did Cal love Rose? Did Cal still live?

She married a guy names John Bukator. She did love Jack, but she was only 17 and had to move on with her life after his death. Cal did love her, but treated her as an upper class woman should be treated. They are kind of arm candy, they are not supposed to speak their mind and Rose was very free spirited and opinionated.

She married someone else whom we never saw. A piece of her always loved Jack, I believe, but she understood that she had to move on. The pictures at the end showed that she lived her life to the fullest, as Jack would have wanted.
I don't think Cal really loved Rose. He was in love with the idea of her, a beautiful woman, but beyond that there wasn't much. It was said at the end that Cal killed himself when the stock market crashed.

Nobody knows who she married cause it does not say, she still loves Jack, Cal loved Rose, Cal lived.

I dont think cal loved er, she was more a prize than anything. She definitely loved jack to the very end but that doesnt mean she didnt love the husband she ended up with. It was just a different kind of love. Or at least thats my opinion.

if they really loved each other or not, it was only in the movie, because it was all a fictional story, there was never a "heart of the ocean, or a Rose, there was however, a man named J. Dawson (Joseph) but he became a member of the Titanics Crew, after leaving the Armed Forces, he was somehow similar to Jack in the movie. Joseph Dawson fell for the sister of a friend, but it had nothing to do with the movie because Cameron (the director of the Titanic's film) realized the existence of Joseph Dawson until after the movie was completely filmed. Even though the love story in the movie was fictional, the film was based of other important ( real) facts, such as the captain, ship builer, and some oficcers, they were real, and most of the things that they did in the movie, they did them in real life during the Titanic's sinking.

Cal did really love Rose!!!

Cal loved rose with all his heart that's why at the end he trys to shoot Jack. He is fusterated because he is so mad that she cheated on him while he actually loved her. And Cal illed himself in 1929 when the stock market crashed and he lost his fortune & he remarried into a loveless marriage.

P.S - If he didn't love Rose why did he try to find her at the end of the other boat?

He Did love her with all his heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She didn't marry anyone named John Bukater; that is something YOU made up. Her MOTHER' married name is Bukater.

I think Cal really did love Rose, that's why he kept on going crazy over jack and rose's relationship...he waited for quite a long while before getting into a lifeboat just to try and save Rose, and he still tried to find her on the Carpathia, so I think he genuinely loved her...just that he was very controlling and he was not a particularly nice guy. He was snobbish, prejudiced, and jealous, so he could NOT gain rose's respect for him...but I think it's pretty safe to assume that he did love Rose...just that he HAD to have Rose under HIS control, so I find his character in shades of grey. He's not a nice guy, but I can sort of understand why he went so crazy, if I were him, I think I would've gone mental over my fiancee having an affair too. It's just that...he didn't bother to UNDERSTAND what's going on with Rose, so he's pretty selfish, but HE LOVED ROSE.

And Rose DID remarry, I assume it's a "Mr" Calvert (hence her final name "Rose Dawson (from Jack Dawson) Calvert (from her husband). It's just that she was inspired to live life to the fullest by Jack and make the most of her life now that she's found freedom (statue of liberty). She moves on and finds someone she loves, of course she treasured Jack in her heart, but she has just got to get on with life and continue without him if he's died. She still loves him, but she has moved on, because she needs to move on to be happy.

Also, Cal did live as shown by the film. He lived until 1929...when the wall street crash came about in October 1929, it really hit his finance hard, and he committed suicide by shooting himself (in the mouth).
Hope I helped.

Yes, Cal undoubtedly loved Rose till the very end. Although he loved her, he failed to understand her as a woman and that is what caused him to lose her. On the other hand Jack understood Rose and taught her how to live her life. Jack freed her from the cage of upperclassmen.

Titanic is one of the greatest movie ever. Not just because of the romance and stuffs but because of how it portrayed the life of everyone in the boat. 1500 people struggling to live in the ice cold water and the Captain and the other guy stayed back on the ship to be killed. I mean how great were these men. And every detail on the ship. Hats off to James Cameron.

I think Cal did love Rose, he really cared for her, he was just angry when he found out she loved Jack, that made him angry and jelous. At the point in the movie when Rose climbs back onto the ship, and then she meet Jack at the Grand Staircase, and Cal is looking up from above, you can see it in his eyes, at a moment, he is soo upset, she loves another, and he would give her everything. Oviously he wasn't very nice towards her, by hitting her, and shouting at her, but I do think he did care for her, and at the end he is looking for her. But I dunno wheather or not he commited sucide later in life, was because he couldn't get over the "Presumed death" of Rose?? Can anyone answer me that question, I would be most grateful..... Thankyou... Hope I have helped!

He definitly loved her. I think he just had trouble expressing his feelings for her. I expect that he had a difficult childhood, not financially obviously, but socially. I get the feeling that he treated Rose a little bit badly because that was what he saw his Father treat his Mother. He tries to show his love to her the only way he knows how which is buying material objects for her such as the Heart of the Ocean. If he didn't love he wouldn't get jealous when she became close to Jack, he wouldn't of bought her the diamond, he wouldn't have stayed on the ship to help find a boat, he wouldn't have try to kill her and Jack because he was heartbroken she didn't love him back and he wouldn't have looked for her on the Carpathia. He did love her. I felt so bad for Cal. - by the way does anyone else have a crush on him or is that only me?

Back