Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Machiavelli

why can't we harness the power of storms/tornados and such?

use this to poer our world.

Brandon W
    These are inconstant sources of energy, they are very unpredictable which means they are very unreliable. Sorry, try something else.

Robyn E
    i dont know .. but that would be the end of global warming ...
    You would be a millionaire if you could do that
    I better get to work .... joking
    Robyn

chattterus
    Because that much power would destroy the wind capture device.

A better question is:

Why are empty fields are not being filled with devices to harness the massive amount of turbulent winds that are near to the ground? And why aren't we making dual use fence and wind capturing devices? Most fields are surrounded by fences.

Farmer's fields are empty typically 2 to 4 months out of the year. In that time if every farmer harness the wind, they could probably generate enough power to power the US for a couple years.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we in Canada burn waste and produce energy from that. seems to be working so far.
    I hangout here IHAV.net
    Search only at Google

irene k
    i guess if you lived in Florida or New Orleans. And we can not just predict the storms. We can also control them and send them in whatever dirction we want with atmospheric resonence technology, something HAARP has by now , I'm sure, got down to science. So, yes, I think that there could be a lot of untapped power there. Those storms cause so much destruction. It's time we figure out how to use them for good.

xoxox
    Because we can't predict where they will be or for how long...Power is much easily generated when it comes from a constant source...

jdkilp
    xoxox is correct ... far too unpredictable. If you built a generator, where would you put it? It would have to be constantly in the path of the storm.