What's up with people who want to tell you the intimate details of their

MathBlows

Feb 19, 2008
I trained a girl at a waitressing job. She told me she PREFERS anal sex, that her & her husband have to do it twice, once for him & once for her.
Thinking about that always freaks me out.

Yes, you are right. Those people are very lonely, and vent the minute they find a sympathetic ear.

All you can do is listen, nod, and listen. Because that's all she wants ... a soundboard.

Those people usually have a low self-esteem.

*..*

If you are not in Retail (and are therefore being paid to listen to the petty problems of humanity), you are allowed to look at your attacker and ask " And I care, why?"

Some people do not feel embarrassed or inhibited about what others may consider private issues. How you want to respond is up to you and your comfort level. You don't have to share intimate details, but if you are curious you can ask questions since they don't mind sharing.

Hi, my name's Amy & it's awesome to meet you. I'm 28, living with the father of my baby. We're both divorced & both of our exes were addicts. Mine to sex with other ment & meth, his to alcohol & other girls. I like having sex on the washing machine & when we had our baby I pooped on the bed.

Hope to talk to you again soon!

Some people do not feel embarrassed or inhibited about what others may consider private issues. How you want to respond is up to you and your comfort level. You don't have to share intimate details, but if you are curious you can ask questions since they don't mind sharing.

If you are not in Retail (and are therefore being paid to listen to the petty problems of humanity), you are allowed to look at your attacker and ask " And I care, why?"

I would have told her that I wouldn't think her hubby would like her divulging such intimate details about him to a total stranger and that it makes you uncomfortable. That being said, I stay away from people like that because if they have no sense of confidentiality about their OWN lives, they sure as hell aren't going to think twice about discussing YOUR life with a total stranger.

Hi, my name's Amy & it's awesome to meet you. I'm 28, living with the father of my baby. We're both divorced & both of our exes were addicts. Mine to sex with other ment & meth, his to alcohol & other girls. I like having sex on the washing machine & when we had our baby I pooped on the bed.

Some people who have been abused or neglected somehow, tend to look for support anywhere they can get it. They're so consumed by their problems they try to make friendships based on them. I usually try to lend a little compassion by saying "wow, that sounds like you're going through a lot" or "oh, I'm sorry to hear that" since it is probably just a short interaction, and maybe put that person on the prayer list. But I certainly think that it sounds unhealthy, and probably not someone to spend regular time with.

Yes, you are right. Those people are very lonely, and vent the minute they find a sympathetic ear.

All you can do is listen, nod, and listen. Because that's all she wants ... a soundboard.

*..*

I trained a girl at a waitressing job. She told me she PREFERS anal sex, that her & her husband have to do it twice, once for him & once for her.
Thinking about that always freaks me out.

I guess some people just need to talk, and they will talk to anyone who seems like the kind of person they can trust. Maybe you come across as that kind of person. I think that sometimes people kind of bond over personal stories... but I don't really know. It's especially bad when they go on about all their health problems.
But anyway, if they open up to you like that, I suppose you should let them talk and offer advice because it sounds like that's what they need.

Some people who have been abused or neglected somehow, tend to look for support anywhere they can get it. They're so consumed by their problems they try to make friendships based on them. I usually try to lend a little compassion by saying "wow, that sounds like you're going through a lot" or "oh, I'm sorry to hear that" since it is probably just a short interaction, and maybe put that person on the prayer list. But I certainly think that it sounds unhealthy, and probably not someone to spend regular time with.

life story when you just met them I met a woman recently who started telling me all this information about her personal life, like about how her husband was molested when he was a boy so now he's distant to his own kids, and how tired and frustrated she is...I'm sympathetic to her situation, but it makes me wonder; are people like this just really lonely or what? And do they not have a sense of privacy? And how do you respond when confronted by such an onslaught of familiarity from a person you have just met? Thanks.

*..*

Back