Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Superwoman22

How can I permanently delete websites I have visited so there is no trace of them?

I want to permanently delete websites that I visited and make it so that nobody can ever come back and see that I was on the website or that something came from me. The thing is, I sent a text message to someone from my laptop for one of my friends. Her husband was cheating on her and she wanted to send an anonymous text to the girl that he was married because she felt as if he hadnt revealed that he was married and she probably didn't know. My husband told me not to get involved in their situation, but having been cheated on before, I felt compelled to do it. I don't want him to snoop on my computer to find that I did indeed meddle, seing as to how her husband and my husband are friends. I don't want him to tell my husband that something is up and my husband turn to me to get answers. I would much rather tell a "small lie", (what is a small lie anyway) and take this little secret with me forever. Computer guru's, please weigh in.

Phoenix
    You don't need to reformat your hard drive. Unless he is looking for files, you only need to do a quick fix. such as go into your web browser and delete you history and all your cookies. This will clear everything immediately.

If you are using Internet Explorer go to : Tools - Internet Options - Under the General Tab - go to Browsing History and hit delete.

If you have Vista, you'll need to delete the browser history from your My Computer file as well.