Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    leowriters

one puppy goes on paper...one doesn't...?

I have two 12 weeks old puppies, male. Bear, always goes on the paper, Manney never goes on the paper. How can I train Manney to go on the paper. I put them ouside while I'm at work, but it's like they hold it till I get home. I don't feed them after 7, and no water after 8. I praise and even give small treats when they go on the paper. How can I get Bear to go from the paper to outside, also. What am I doing wrong? Before you suggest it I don't have a crate.

emison21754
    Find out what the one puppy is reading and buy two papers so the other puppy can read the same paper!

raticals.com
    I know this isn't a question about safety, but I really wish people would not leave their dogs, especially puppies outside while the family is away. Puppies are like babies; they get into trouble, get hurt, some even die.

sroyals86
    go buy crates, its the best way to train a hard headed dog... unless you have one smart puppy and one dumb one... lol im just kidding. i have only ever crate trained my dogs, i dont wanna come home to stuff torn to pieces and pee and poop everywhere.. ugh!!.. when manney poops in the house take it outside or wherever you want him to go, it may or may not help, say no poo poo on the floor or something and eventually he will catch on to what the floor is... sounds retarded but i swear it will help. when you catch the pup peeing or pooing anywhere you want them too say pee pee poo poo outside, good dog... or whatever. or if its in the house say NO pee pee poo poo on floor (or in house)... i felt dumb when i did that with my dogs but they now understand it.

Linda A
    I also have 2 -(10 month old) puppies and they have been successfully trained to go outside for about 3 months. I keep mine in a kennel (inside) when I go out but as soon as I get home I put them out and say "Go pee" and they do. I think you just need to say the same command all the time that indicates to them that you want them to "Go pee" Repeating this over and over works. If you don't want them to go on the paper inside than don't have the paper available. When they pee inside just grab them as soon as you see them doing it and put them outside saying No, No, No. They are still young and you will have lots of accidents for awhile but eventually they catch on. My male caught on the fastest.