Choosing between 42" JVC LCD HDTV (1080P) 2 HDMI or 42" LG Plasma (720P) 3 HDMI?...

J

Justin H

Choosing between 42" JVC LCD HDTV (1080P) 2 HDMI or 42" LG Plasma (720P) 3 HDMI?...

...The JVC is about $100 dollars Choosing between 42" JVC LCD HDTV (1080P) 2 HDMI or 42" LG Plasma (720P) 3 HDMI? The JVC is about $100 dollars more. Is the JVC worth $100 more for the 1080p? If not I would use the left over to buy a decent surround sound system. Also I'm confused about the whole "Plasma vs LCD" debate. I will be hooking up a Wii/PS3 to the TV as well. Thanks.

42PG20 - LG model
LT-42X788 - JVC model

LG is a better quality model. I'd go with that if I were you.

From what I have been reading lately, LCD is the way to go because Plasma TVs tend to get very hot and are more likely to go bad before a LCD does. Burn in is also bad on Plasma TVs it does not take long on a Plasma. and then the cost for Plasma repair is much more money, then LCD.
Your choice though, in the end
George

I actually have the Lg model you're asking about. It's an excellent television, and no one's ever noticed that it wasn't 1080p. It has a power saver feature which helps lessen the 'afterburn' you get with plasmas. Which is a super plus with your PS3. Like on vid games, how you have your map or life bar that's always stationary, that'll leave a slight afterburn image. So turn the power down, and it'll help save your eyes as well. Everything Hd or Blu-Ray looks great, and it's preformed well for my family, as the tv is almost always on. It's even taken a few wacks from my toddler and his toy truck. No problem ever with this unit!!

Back