Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Man arrested for 2x4 labeled "High Powered Rifle"

wouldn't that mean, a majority of schools out there?

The most recognised school in my country is in the private sector, and it has huge walls, barbwired, security bunkers with machine guns on all 4 corners, metal detectors on the entrance and security on the Main doors of the school building.

their security fees was pretty hefty, and EVERY parent *with the money* wanted and still wants their kid to study there.

That said, its NOT an elitest school. children from all backgrounds study there.

Look it up if you want, its called Karachi Graofftopicr School.

They took these measures there gradually, after similar incidences.

Children that graduate from there aren't really psychologically affected negatively by this. Its a neccesity, which may seem sad, but its needed.

all Universities, govt and private, mimic these measures, but that's with a valid reason, which is that uni's are targets for a LOT of political activity here.

So going by that, wouldn't you agree that atleast SOME schools in troubled areas need similar measures. and others need atleast SOME measures placed?

Downloads
    Uploads

Then so be it.
    If our cities are SO BAD that we're afraid every weekday for students' safety, then collectively we have failed -- at the societal level. And it's time to start over. Fact.

The USA doesn't have that underlying factual context.

Downloads
    Uploads

Couldn't you say the same thing about a society where people go into schools and specifically murder as many children as possible?

Downloads
    Uploads

Does it happen every weekday? The metal detectors, barbed wire, bunkers, and machine guns are on every weekday. I try to not compare granny smith apples to pineapples.

Downloads
    Uploads

Its not about about every weekday. its about that one time when some one decides to do something as sickening as that. for that you need round the clock security.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, we don't, and unless you propose that we stop issuing driving licenses, and ban alcoholic beverages, then your statement deserves nothing but to be ignored.

Downloads
    Uploads

Then i wonder why LEOs, night security, bodyguards, and the military exist in the first place.

You have a vulnerable population, you protect them in any way possible and discourage any who would want to harm them.

can you stop issuing drivers licences, ban alcoholic drinks?

Is the American government making Gun ownership more strict, or taking similar steps?

Will that really help?

I find it very confusing that you want to put your most valuable resource in one place, then refuse to secure it in every way.

To me, its like saying a bank shouldn't have a guard with a gun inside.

I do not buy the argument that armed guards will affect children's psyche negatively.

I understand the argument that People would prioritize other measures first.

I say both measures should be taken.

Downloads
    Uploads

So , we put armed gaurds into schools , and turn the schools into virtual fortresses , how would this have stopped the mass shootings at the batman premiere , the Sikh temple and the other mass shootings that weren't in schools ?

Downloads
    Uploads

The idea of putting armed guards everywhere seems to me to be somewhat akin to putting out dozens of small fires, but completely ignoring the massive forest fire that's causing all the smaller fires. There's clearly an underlying problem that is breeding this kind of culture, and it is that problem that needs to be tackled, otherwise it will continue to grow.

Downloads
    Uploads

which is why i said BOTH measures should be taken. You approach a problem from both sides so you have more success. But you can't expect not be blind sided if you didn't.
    Its easier said than done, but what in life isn't?

Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast