Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

In Cairo protesters scale the embassy walls and burn the American flag. In Benghazi, Libya the US consulate attacked with rockets, killing the US Ambassador. All this over a Youtube video condemning Islam as a violent religion. They react to a film calling Islam violent by launching violent attacks. Ironic isn't it. I could say more but i'd just get more upset.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Its ridiculous, it reminds me of the Danish cartoon drawing incident.

Religion allows people to do bad things. It gives them a feeling of divine right.
    Though you have to acknowledge the Libyan council condeming the protests citing the sacromony of life.

I am yet again saddened that they won't show the video for fear of reprisals against their own news stations.

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

These are two countries that have recently been through a lot of turmoil and that kind of turmoil causes pressure to build. Then, when something like that video is released, it gives a lot of people a target for their anger and their frustration.

Let's be clear - this has nothing to do with Islam or that dumbass youtube video. Just like the UK riots had nothing to do with a guy getting shot by the police in Tottenham. It was just the match that lit the touchpaper, giving a lot of angry people an excuse to act out violently whilst claiming a righteous motive.

My condolences to the loved ones of those killed in yesterday's violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Surely the protesters saying it was because they had insulted the Prophet Mohammed shows it was religously motivatied ? (Source RT/BBC)

Or do you think it was just general frustration, at "the nearest target" ?

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

Then the protesters are all bunch of dumbasses. Violence is never justified in Islam except in self-defense and it has to be the absolute LAST resort. If the protesters were "religious," then this wouldn't have happened. They're just using it as an excuse to vent off frustration and whatnot, exactly what Holy said.

My condolences to the family and friends of those who were killed.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

I wasn't sure there was anybody left in the world that didn't understand Muslims in the Middle East took insults to their religion very seriously no matter what the actual intent was. So was this video made and published just to provoke a reaction? I guess it served it's purpose.

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

No im sorry that is nonsense, Violence is justified throughout the Quran as well as the Hadith.

"If you die fighting for Allah, you'll be rewarded in heaven. 3:157 "
    "Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." 2:216
    "Seek out your enemies relentlessly." 4:103

e.g what is the punishment for the crime of Apostasy?

"If the protesters were "religious," then this wouldn't have happened."

Religious people are not violent?

I don't want to turn this into a big argument but I think your statement is just wrong.

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

You think it was a coincidence it kicked off in Egypt and Libya of all places?

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

No offcourse not,

I was trying to assertain if he thought the prime mover was religion or political tension.

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

US embassies attacked

The film was produced by an American and apparently played to an empty theater in California. it is now being promoted by Florida based Islamophobic preacher, Terry Jones. Mr. Jones rolls into town every once in a while to whip up the local Muslim population in Dearborn, MI.

Ironically, the film would have drifted into obscurity and will now be seen by millions. I think the Libyan incident had underlying layers to it that resulted in the use of RPGs. I had read in Cairo that supporters of a football club were part of the protest which would lead one to believe it was a good old throwdown at the US Embassy.

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast