Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

Banning it is not the answer - Boycott - and stop buying the trashy filth.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

It'd be great if people would but sadly the Mail is the UKs second most popular paper (and over 50% readership female apparently. See, you are the more evil gender) and its beaten only by the Sun which is just celebrity scandal and a page of tits. Thing is a majority of people in the uk seem to be right leaning and the Mail panders to that perfectly. Any other websites headlines could be on the Libya intervention or something and DM's will be some bulldog that got slotted by someone vaguely brown.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

I suspect that the cause and effect is the other way around. The majority of people only have access to right wing propaganda for information so they think that the right wing is the "sensible majority" and the left is the "lunatic fringe".

That's why elections are somewhat ridiculous in the UK, as there's such a disparity between the Tories and all the other parties in their ability to disseminate information and propaganda.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

You're probably right but I enjoy slagging off Mail readers it gives me a sense of superiority for not being fooled like the rest of the sheep

Are tabloids naturally right wing? The papers I can think of (read: that I bother reading) that don't have that sort of sensationalist, populist, casually xenophobic vibe are the Guardian and the Independant. Guardian doesn't really count since it does the same thing just left leaning but both have a lot more stigma around reading them than the Sun or the Mail or the Mirror. As you say that could just be because there's more of Sun etc in circulation but could it also be people are less happy to be seen reading anything else so they get sucked into it?

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

see this is the problem it appears so on the outside, delve inside and it is a working class version of the daily mail spreading the same fears and misinformation as it does. its like a trojan horse.

a beautiful, beautiful Trojan horse. lol more and better education on how the media actually works is the only way to change things.

I dont think so no, is the mirror really that bad ? we have a red top tabloid up here called the daily record, if anything its actually probably slightly more leftist on the political scale. im sure there are others.

Downloads
    Uploads

"ban this sick filth"

Does changing things mean getting rid of her?

The mirror isn't that bad really I just like doing lists of three and it was the first tabloid that came to mind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234