"I am so random"

JakkiBean

Apr 19, 2008
You all must have come across this phrase in a female's (yes I say female because the majority of these sinners are) facebook/bebo/myspace/twitter/nextpopularsocialnetworkingsite profile. Probably accompanied by the fat-and-annoying euphimism of "bubbly".

Just here to say that "random" is not synonymous with "funny".

Random is not funny. Witty, unexpected, well thought out and relevant comments are funny. Even groan enducing knock-knock jokes can be funny. But when you shout out boobs or vagina at unexpected moments, this is not random. This is using the element of surprise for your comedic purposes. It is not random.

Sure, if you select a random sentence such as: "fart anaconda jumper in mexico's juggling pool" it could be funny in the right context, but it is unlikely that all these randomers will choose such sentences in their day to day lifestyle, and if they did, in the long term it would make conversation quite difficult.

If random is applied to doing things on the spot, then I'm afraid the word you're looking for is "spontaneous". Spontaneous people are usually fun, not necessarily funny. Though spontaneous humour can be funny such as witty retorts and one-liners the word random cannot be used here, unless you happen to be incredibly lucky and all your randomly selected comments happen to make sense and in fact be funny.

In conclusion, if you are one of these people who use this word wrongly, SHAME ON YOU! And please leave the phrase "I am so random" to commenting on your evolutionary situation.

end of rant.

"I am so random"

It's like those teenage girls talking loudly with their scene friends in the most awful fake American accent.

"I am so random"

I have to agree. And notice how nearly everyone has a 'random pics' album on facebook? It annoys me for some reason, just think of a more interesting/ descriptive title goddamn it! :mad:

"I am so random"

From my facebook, myspace and real life experience, anyone who tells you they are a "random" person is usually horrifically boring. The same goes for anyone who tells you they are "mad", "crazy", "hyper", "loopy" or whatever.

"I am so random"

Aggggghhhhh I HATE people who think they are random. Because they're NOT random. Ever. They try and act random by saying 'ooooh I love milk' 'oooooh I love cheese because I'm soooo random'

I hate totally unrandom 'random' people. Grrrr.

"I am so random"

People who call themselves random generally annoy me :p:
They start saying something and then it's "OMg IM s00 rRand0m!111one!111!!!!!"

:lolwut:

"I am so random"

I have been facepalming almost on a daily basis since "random" started to become used regularly in non-statistical contexts.

"I am so random"

THIS! I am guaranteed to automatically hate a person if they describe themselves as "random". In fact they dont even need to say it, when people just try so obviously to be "random" it's painful to be around, and quite embarassing.

"I am so random"

People who are 'random' to me are synonymous with the people who have to write 'woop woop' at the end of every status!
Any man doing this should be shot in the crotch repeatedly!

Really grinds my gears.

"I am so random"

ARGHHH IT PISSES ME OFF TO NEW DIMENSIONS
this girl i know, used to be my best friend ages ago, and she'd think it was hilarious and so 'random' and funny to shout out "CHEESE" or "LLAMA" or "MUFFIN!" when we were out, so we'd be walking down the street, and she'd suddenly say something like "BLACK SHEEP" "GAY MUFFIN" and my face would be like this :lolwut: and i would die of embarrasment and look at people like this when they stared :$ as if to say "sorry for my mentally handicapped friend, she can't help it"

OH THE SHAME.

"I am so random"

It really makes me want to say, "You're not really random, are you? You just talk a load of ****".

Back