Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Macs are PCs too?

Ok so i may be behind on my computer knowledge, but when did Macs support windows? I was shocked when i heard this on an ad today...ok that was my story...oh wait one more part to this as a question to pc users...would you use a Mac if it was running windows and get rid of your regular desktop or laptop

Cambece

Junior Member Walter_Loves_Basketball's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Macs are PCs too?

Since they started carrying the intel chip.

Downloads
    Uploads

Macs are PCs too?

Previously you could run Windows on a Mac using VirtualPC, but it was a bit slow(!) and then Microsoft bought the company.
    Recently Apple have release the new range of Intel based Macs, and they support Windows XP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Macs are PCs too?

The Intel chip made it possible, but it still wasn't easy. Some site offered 10k (i think ) to the first people who could get it to run (here) Shortly after this Apple offered a download called 'Boot Camp' to allow it to be officially installed, although they won't provide any customer support for it.

No. Although the machines look better, they are expensive and not as easy to upgrade. Maybe some day I’ll change my mind.

I used to hate Mac's prior to OS X, but now, especially the newer ones like 'Tiger', are pretty good. I may get a Powerbook as a secondary computer someday.