Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Downloads
    Uploads

Split- US Donations

I don't have a problem with outsourcing. My company provides outsourcing. The government should be doing a lot more outsourcing than it currently does. I don't agree that defense related projects should be outsourced. Defense projects really are a special case.

Downloads
    Uploads

Split- US Donations

you mjust realize, outsourcing doesn't just happen with sending jobs off to India or China. It could also mean sending the jobs from New York to North Carolina etc etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Split- US Donations

Outsourcing may be good for the economy and help boost corporate profits, but what happens to the unskilled workers that have just lost thier jobs?

More people on benifits, more crime and all the rest that comes with social deprivation. Not everyone is able to go to university and retrain. Personally I think the savings made by this are not passed onto the consumer, it goes to the shareholders and the company execs.

You just need to look at some cities and towns in the north of the UK to see the effect this has had . There is a town near me that has had the factories moved abroad, no jobs thier now and it has one of the worst heroin problems in the country.

Downloads
    Uploads

Split- US Donations

There's no doubt outsourcing jobs stinks for the guy who's job is outsourced. But look at the bigger picture: his job is outsourced and he becomes unemployed. Yet the company survives, sparing at least some jobs. The alternative to outsourcing is for the increased labor costs to eventually drive the company out of business in which case the unskilled laborer still loses his job along with everyone else in the company. Either way, cheap labor from other countries will eventually force the unskilled Western worker into the unemployment line.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516