making a fire extinguisher flamethrower?

hopeless

May 18, 2008
i'm using the same fire extinguisher as the on here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TU2bhXyvUqA

my plan is to basically put a nozzle on the fire extinguisher to make a stream instead of a waterfall type thing. and just add some gas to it. I already know there is no risk of explosion. I am too cool to use a supersoaker (can't find them anywhere since it's winter). has anyone done this. i plan to get at least 15-20 ft. with it.

fireextinguisher.jpg

red=gas
purple=air
green=nozzle
black=extinguisher
yellow=tube that sucks up the gas

EDIT EDIT EDIT

it worked
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_5NkGjHoYMc

Just make sure your home owner's insurance is paid before you start burning down your house.

there is no way that this is a bad idea

1. This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds. :crash:

Alright dumbshit. Make sure you use oxygen as the air inside the tank though. have a friend record you getting incinerated.

and what is going to propel the gas up the tube? (i assume you mean like, gasoline not some form of an actual gas)

I wonder why flame throwers have the propelant and fuel in different tanks. Hmmm. Couldnt be because thats the best way to do it, nope, couldnt be.

first, your gonna have to install a schrader valve or quick disconnect valve so you can hook up a compressor or bike pump on it to pressurize it. Then your gonna have to put another tube to put the oil or gas or w/e in it. Your also gonna have to find a way to mount your flame source. You will also probably run out of fuel quickly unless the fire extinguisher is big.

at 80 psi, I really doubt that you will get that much range.

Plus if the flame burns down the "Stream" into the canister?

Sounds safe, practical, and well planned :dodgy:

i already have a schrader in it, on the bottom. the good thing about this extinguisher is that it has a screw on top so i can fill it with whatever. it's aluminum so it wont rust either. i'm just going to hold a lighter to it. i know i will run out quickly. hopefully a good 3 second burst will be good enough.
Sep18770.jpg

EDIT: yes that did shoot ihav.nets at one time, i did a poor mans chrono and got around 270 fps.

Back