Learning to build apps for iOS, Blackberry, Android?

joffy

Nov 21, 2008
Hi, I am currently a student and am the type of person who has many ideas of businesses and plans that come into my head daily. I write my ideas down, evaluate them, and decide which are the best however I do not act upon them! (as most of the time I am out of my depth in skill and knowledge).

I currently have a simple application idea, and want to know where to start, what skills to learn, what programming languages to use, and what steps to take in order to make this app.

Any thoughts, suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thank you :)

Hi there, if you want to make an app here's what you need:
Blackberry is pointless as its dying and not enough people use it so don't waste your time.
iOS development requires a macintosh computer and an expensive developer account to get the tools, I believe it costs $99 per year. iOS Apps are written in Objective-C so thats the language you need to learn to write them.

You best option is Android, you can use many tools such as Eclipse or Android Studio so you have that choice. Android apps use Java and XML and are fairly easy to write. You can also get the tools on Windows and Linux.

Back