How do I get rid of the annoying advertising that comes with Rogers-Yahoo...

GURSHARAN

Jul 28, 2013
...switchover from classic? The advertising when I enter my inbox narrows my field when viewing my inbox and reading messages. I want to go back to classic or get rid of the advertising, otherwise I have to switch to another email provider.

The free version of Yahoo and other web sites rely on ads for revenue to host the site, but they can be intrusive sometimes.

To remove ads from any or all websites:

Perform an internet search for ADBLOCK PLUS and choose the option for the browser you use, there are different versions available for popular browsers. ((Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera
and Android.)

Set it up to block ads on any or all web sites

Per Yahoo:

“While it is not currently possible to remove the ads for free accounts in Yahoo! Mail, you can now temporarily hide the advertisement that appears on the right side of your Yahoo! Mail window. Click the narrow gray strip between your inbox and the advertisement. This hides the ad from view while you stay on the page. Once you refresh the page or visit another Yahoo! Mail page, another ad appears.

There is not currently a way to hide the full-page ads that appear when you empty a folder, or on the Sent Confirmation page.

In some versions of Yahoo! Mail, like Mobile, it is not possible to hide the ads.”

Back