Bo Jackson (football) vs Roger Federer (tennis)?

Turbo

Mar 8, 2008
Back in March, ESPN did the "greatest athletes of all time" tournament, and Bo Jackson beat Roger Federer. I've seen a lot of disagreement on the Internet about that, so do you think that was the right choice? A lot of people say Bo never accomplished anything, but I think they give Federer too much credit on merit.
I choose Bo.
I've seen the Thirty for Thirty. Don't get me wrong, I think Bo was a freak of nature. But a lot of people thought Federer should have won, I dont know why.

Bo played 2 sports at the pro level at the same time, which is practically unheard of. Not only that, but he was great at both. He was a pro bowler and an All star. He was an amazing athlete until an injury ended his career.i don't watch tennis much, but NO tennis player is or ever was as great an athlete as Bo Jackson. Put this Federer guy on a football field and tell him to run the ball, he is screwed. But Bo on the other hand, Bo knows Tennis too.

Bo never accomplished anything?? Oh no, just that he was a star in two elite sports, & IF it hadn't been for that dreadful ill-fated day & the injury against the Bengals (I was actually watching that gm went it happened) most prognosticators believe that Bo would have broke every rushing record in the NFL..
Bo Jackson was the original BEAST!! He once said that he wanted to box Mike Tyson (while he was still in is prime!) & truly believed he'd win! Now I'm not so sure about puttin' a lickin' on a young Tyson. BUT.. Yes he kicks that little tennis boy's azz easily!

Back