Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Engine warning light has shown for the 2nd time on my Citroen C1?

I've had my Citroen C1 used car now for 3 weeks and this is the 2nd time this light has come up, like this: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2871/73742807.jpg
    I went back to the dealer the first time this had happened and they fixed it in one day. I didn't ask what was wrong with it, but collected it in good faith. Now, today, the very same light has shown again. I do like my dealer (small garage), but I just don't know what to think now. Should I just persevere with them and be patient or should I be worried? Any advice to give a young inexperienced lady driver would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The light I'm referring to is the one on the far left of the picture (that looks like it has a propeller on the front of it!)

Probably all they've done is reset the light, which is not the same as fixing the fault.
    If they can't sort it, it needs to go somewhere else.

You should check the coolant level and oil levels while the engine is cool and bring it back. If the fluids are low they have to be going somewhere. Could be a blown gasket or even a cracked head or block. Might even be the water pump.