Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need some car audio help /:?

Hey I'm kinda new at car audio . I have a ma audio amp hk1000D class x mono block amp 1000rms x 1 @ 1 ohm .. And I have two 12 inch kicker cvr . 800 watt each dual voice coil 4 ohms.. They hit really hard an spin nice but injust wanna make sure I won't mess up my amp or my subs . I had to wire them in series because I only have a mono amp ..and I heard since my subs are 4 ohm and I wired them series that it turns it into 8 ohm ? So I'm kinda confused if I can have some help from someone who knows what there doing ill gladly appreciate it .. Just don't want to mess up my subs or amp if it's getting too much power it can handle

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TOWmxhTTxfZ/learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html
    look for what you have here and it will show you exactly what to do

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wiring them in series will make it 8ohms, wiring them in parallel will make it 2ohms. With the increase in ohms it is causing more resistance giving the subs' less power less rms. I would say wire them in parallel. That way they are getting more juice each, causing less harm to the amp and sub. Some amps are not designed to handle them wired that way, so I would look more into the specifics of the amp.