Advice on girlfriend potentially traveling?

Nmnk

May 2, 2013
First off, nothing is set in stone yet regarding this trip.

My girlfriend and I have been together for four months.

Last month my girlfriend went to Coachella. We were supposed to go together but the plan fell apart due to travel issues. At the last minute she found out that her cousins were going and ended up going. I wasn't happy simply because it was so last minute, she would be gone for five days, and if I told her not to go, I would be the bad guy since she wanted to go so bad.

While she was there she told me she didn't think she could be apart from me for that long again and couldn't do anything without me.

Today she mentions that her friend wants to go to Europe for two weeks and wants her to go. Keep in mind my girlfriend has gone to Europe with this same girl about two years ago.

I don't want her to go and since she told me before that she couldn't be apart/ do things without me, I'm very bothered by this. Yet again I feel I have to let her go. Personally I think it's a huge waste of money and I don't think it's fair to put me in the position of the "bad guy" if I tell her not to go. How do I deal with this. Am I possessive? I just don't want her to go, especially after what she told me about never being away so long again.

Back