My mother and I found a female stray kitten ( we assumed her to be at least 7 or 8 weeks old) and we rescued it from the streets. Since she owns a dog in her own house, she told me to take care of it instead. I placed her with my other cats and they received her warmly, but not as a mother would to a small kitten. I thought of giving it the attention she needs, and its been doing quite well in my opinion. However, for some reason she would meow (it gives me a feeling as if she's saying "where??" when she meows) nonstop and look at my toes... not in a playful or a feral manner, though. It's as if she's looking for something when she sees my toes. Since I'm a little afraid I might get rabies, I stop her from interacting any further with my feet in fear that she might bite them or scratch them.

So... what do these actions mean and should I even let see what she'd do to my toes? :\

*Extra information: I wear closed shoes when I go see her and I've already let her climb up to my lap. She seems to be very behaved. But one time, she made this really long eye contact with me and meowed over and over the same way. A while later she made movement as if she wanted to climb up near my shoulder.
( I remember my mom also cradled the kitten on her neck and it purred in contentment. I'm a little scared to do that though lol)