I need dog help?!?

Apr 6, 2008
I found a white husky in my front yard. Its bleeding from around the neck from some dog fight. I tried calling the number on the collar but the number got disconnected. My mom won't let me drive it to the vet. I need a number i can call where they can pick it up and take it to a shelter or something. (p.s. i tried calling the local shelter but they already closed.)

please help.

where do you live? there are plenty of places around. Call some vet office, if they really care theyll figure something out with you.

goodluck, and dont let it die =/

let us know what happens.

You should try feeding it something, and keeping it in your backyard, hopefully your parents will agree. In the morning, call the local shelter, and tell them what happened to his neck. They should then come pick him up.

DRIVE IT TO THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL. i feel really bad for it. please take it somewhere. it is goping to die from loss of blood. my mom is a vet. but i think you really shoud even what your mom says. it is serious.

There is always 24 hour vets availble, unless you are from like a very small county. Look in your local phone book, or online for 24 hour emergency vets in your area and ask them to pick it up. Or try asking your mom to take you.

Call The Humane Society. They should take it in. Tell your mom to let you go. This is SERIOUS. They shouldn't be closed. I don't know the number so go online and look.

Check the Yellow Pages or Google for: Animal Emergency or Emergency Veterinarians. They'll tell you what to do and might send someone over to help.

I would call a vet ASAP. Try giving it some water and make sure it does not go anywhere. Be careful It could have rabies.

Get the police to track the address of the phone number on the collar so they can contact the people who are guardians of this dog.
If you cannot find the guardians or if they appear to be unsuitable dog guardians, then keep the dog, and put out signs all over town for someone to adopt him or her.

In the meantime, get the dog to the vet to be brought back to health and tell you're mom she has to chip in for the bill because it's the ONLY right thing to do.

try calling the aspca or if u get the chance 2 take it 2 the vet it should have a chip inside it to find its owner

Call your local police department, they like dogs too and will get it help.

Take the dog into your house until morning if it is friendly. If it needs a vet this instant from the bleeding call an emergency vet. Or even call the police if you have to, they deal with strays I believe.

Contact the non-emergency police line (it will be in your phone book) ... they will direct your call.

if i was in your situation,

i would tackle my mother and bring the dog to the vet,

i love dogs

well beg or you will have a dead dog. well does it have an address on its collar? do you have a friend that is willing to bring it to the vet? there must be something to do! but you must hurry!

Back