How to fix Start and home Button problem in PSP?

Marlou

Apr 28, 2013
Hello guys, I have a problem with my PSP, when I was playing Initial D, I tried to quit the game but it won't let me, the home menu seems to freeze, I can't select yes, I thought my left d-pad is broken, but it's not, I can still select stuff in menus in the game except the damn home menu.
So I have no choice but to remove my battery or to hard reset my psp just to quit the game
It also happens in other games. I thought it was only in Initial D. Also, the VSH menu in the XMB is broken, every time I select stuff in the VSH menu it also freezes, so i have to put my psp in sleep mode just to exit the VSH menu. I reformat my memory stick, but still it's the same. This is the first time this had happened to my PSP.
Also the start button is also broken, I can't skip a cutscene I can't pause a game.I checked online about this problem, and they were many users who have this problem too, and they said to activate the hold button for 3 sec. then the start button will now work, well I tried it, it worked, also I can now select Yes in the home menu if I did that Hold trick. How can I fix this?

Back