What are all the components of a car audio system for the BEST sound experience?

Kato

Jun 18, 2008
I'm a noob when it comes to car audio system. I want to install a full aftermarket car audio system in my car and i'm trying to learn as much as i can. So far all i know is...

1. Head unit (of course)
2. Speakers
3. Subwoofers
4. Tweeters
5. Crossover
6. Amplifier

What else am i missing?

I want it to be loud but nothing outrageous. Like head turning loud but not necessarily jaw dropping (you get the idea). But most of all the best sound quality. I'm going with component speakers rather than coaxial.

So just a rundown of the components that make up the most awesome sounding audio system would be much much appreciated.
Oh yeah btw...the above question is considering $$ is no concern.
I just need a list of things to get. Above you can see i already got 6. What more?
I just need a list of things to get. Above you can see i already got 6. What more?

Head unit
Speakers ( 4 Channel Amp to power them otherwise you might as well not replace them)
Subs (Monoblock amp to power them or it, just make sure the sub and amp will work well together)
Tweeters (IMO i'd pass on those and go with coax as a starter but thats just me)
Crossover (Not really needed but it is a nice item to have)
Box (really depends on what sub and amp you're using)

There's so much to learn about Car Audio it's absolutely mind blowing. My best advice to you is just research, research and when your done researching. Research some more.

I've taken an interest in car audio lately and I know a little bit but nothing at all compared to what some people know.

Back