Will an AT&T locked cell phone work for Canada's Rogers?

Eric

May 11, 2008
I'm Canadian, and when I roam to the US, I get AT&T in place for Rogers (some agreement or w/e). So I'm wondering, if I buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 (LTE; quad-core) locked to AT&T, would it work on Rogers without unlocking it first? And if I do need to unlock it, would the LTE still work with Rogers?

Otherwise, do you think I'd be better off with the octa-core version (no LTE)?

No. Its locked to AT&T so of course it will only work with their SIMs until it is unlocked. If it is unlocked it should not change the fact if its LTE would work or not.

Going for the non-LTE model should depend on your willingness to live without 4G.

You do need to unlock it first I believe. The quad core should have lte of unlocked because it has the lte chip. It all depends if you like faster data speeds or phone speeds. Personally I would get the octo core because I hate phone legginess and hspa+ is supported which suffices. Good luck

You will need to unlock it first.
For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like MobileUnlockSolutions.com Here you can unlock your phone at low cost.

Back